Do you have a passion for underwater?
Do you dream of working in a fun environment with a cutting edge technology spanning between sophisticated robotics and complex computer systems?
Hydromea makes the subsea world more autonomous, affordable and accessible with miniaturized robotics and wireless communication technologies.
We are currently building our team and are seeking a…
Maker internship (underwater robotics)
Are you excited about underwater robotics? Are you a “Maker” who is passionate about prototyping, CNC machining, metal machining, 3D printing? Would you like to help create the next generation of advanced underwater robots?
Hydromea is a Swiss startup developing small underwater robots and optical underwater communication technology. We do a lot of R&D and in-house product development in our well-equipped prototyping workshop: CNC milling and turning of metal and plastics, 3D printing, plastic moulding, composites, electronics and software. We are looking for a multi-talented, enthusiastic person to work with our team to build robots, mechanical assemblies, test rigs, and improvements of our machines and tools.
- CNC Machining, printing and molding of metal and plastic parts for underwater robots
- Designing and building of mechanical test setups
- Upgrades and improvements of existing machines
- strong “making” skills: building assemblies, machines, etc. from wood, metal, plastic
- hands-on experience in CNC machining and manual machining (particularly on small tool-room machines)
- experience in rapid prototyping (3D printing, laser cutting, etc.), and CAD design
- enthusiasm for learning new processes and skills
- ideally experience with microcontrollers, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and electronics