Do you have a passion for underwater?
Do you dream of working in a fun environment with a cutting edge technology spanning between sophisticated robotics and complex computer systems?
Hydromea makes the subsea world more autonomous, affordable and accessible with miniaturized robotics and wireless communication technologies.
We are currently building our team and are seeking a…
Wireless communication expert for next-gen underwater networks (full-time)
We are looking for an expert in wireless communication, signal processing, modulation and error correction. The ideal candidate would have the necessary skills and experience to develop a wireless system from the ground up, from carrying out experiments to determine physical channel properties, evaluating modulation and coding schemes, through to packet-based protocols. channel access and networking protocols. Experience with implementation on embedded systems/microcontrollers is expected.
Hydromea is one of the leaders of electromagnetic wireless underwater communication. Our LUMA optical modems are widely used in the subsea industry and deep sea research, and we have a strong research background on novel underwater communication methods. We offer an opportunity to develop novel communication stacks from top to bottom, and actively participate in shaping industry standards for subsea wireless communication.
This position is tied to the EU Marie Curie Fellowship program which supports and promotes the internationalization of the workforce. If you have a PhD and would like to move to Switzerland and join us on this amazing journey, please apply by 31 July.
- PhD in CS/EE or similar, with strong experience in signal processing, modulation and coding schemes, forward error correction, and wireless communication
- meet the eligibility criteria of the Marie Curie Fellowship
- experience with embedded systems development
- experimental research background
- programming in C/C++ and Python
- electronics experience
- experience with underwater communication, or other non-radio communication channels, is a plus (e.g. acoustics, optical, etc.)
- fluent in English