Do you have a passion for ocean exploration?
Do you dream of working in a fun environment with cutting edge technology spanning from sophisticated robotics to complex computer systems?
Hydromea is a Swiss company disrupting the underwater world with miniaturized autonomous robotics and wireless communication technologies. We are an emerging leader in scalable high-bandwidth wireless communication using photons to send data through water. We are also pioneering portable robotics technology that will set the standard for the future of underwater inspections.
We are currently expanding our team and are seeking a
Electronics Development Engineer
You will be designing, prototyping and testing the next generation of our fast subsea optical communication devices and our wireless, remotely-operated inspection vehicles.
- Carrying out assigned tasks and sub-projects in a self-directed, largely autonomous fashion, in close coordination with the team.
- Conception, implementation and testing of fast optical subsea communication systems and inspection robots
- Other tasks that are deemed suitable in collaboration with the team, under consideration of current company activities, experience and skill profile.
What We Look For In You:
- Solid electronic design skills (low-noise analog, fast digital and low-power)
- PCB design experience, preferably with Altium
- Programming experience in C/C++ for embedded systems, FPGA (VHDL) a plus
- Experience in signal processing
- Basic 3D design experience
- Experience using hand-tools or tooling machines a plus
- Fluent communication in English
- Demonstrated “can do” entrepreneurial attitude through experience, who can persevere in achieving goals consistently
- Excelling at multitasking and prioritization
- Willingness to travel for tests and deployments