We are a young Swiss company with a strong growth, disrupting the world of underwater robotics with the focus on miniaturization, affordability and scale. We develop our own underwater inspection drone platform that has a number of unique technologies, all conceived within the company over the last few years.
The thruster is one such patented technology that lies at the heart of our robotics platform and is quickly becoming one of our best-selling product lines at the same time. It has the world’s best weight/thrust ratio and is the thinnest underwater propulsion device in the world. Due to increasing demand for this product line, we are currently expanding our team and are seeking a
Mechatronic Development Engineer
You will be part of a dynamic company in a fast growing robotics sector. This is an exciting challenge for someone who is passionate about electrical devices and motors specifically. You will be responsible for the development of new thruster models and for the continued production and testing of the existing models. You will also have a rare opportunity early on to shape the future of the product line and see it grow. This versatile job carries high level of autonomy and decision making.
- Designing, prototyping and testing of new models of our thruster product line
- Managing the product line life cycle
- Developing and improving internal production processes and QC test procedures
- Working with suppliers to ensure continuous production with the highest quality
- Engaging with final customers to support their projects and requests
- Continuously focus on improving processes and workflows
- Support wider team as necessary
- Other tasks that are deemed suitable in collaboration with the team, under consideration of current company activities, your experience and skill profile.
The best candidate would have
- Mechanical design, conception, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and testing experience
- Experience with electrical motors
- Experience in 3D design (preferably Fusion360)
- Experience with rapid prototyping
- Experience using hand-tools and tooling machines (CNC/CAM a plus)
- Experience with resin casting a plus
- Basic electronic design and soldering skills
- Fluent communication in English
- Demonstrated “can do” entrepreneurial attitude through experience, who can persevere in achieving goals consistently
- Excelling at multitasking and prioritization
- Willingness to travel for tests and deployments